Closing Date: Open until Filled
Department: Public Works
Supervisor: Public Works Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/Hourly
Pay Grade: up to $15.00 per hour, depending on qualifications
Schedule: 40 hours per week scheduled between 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday, with hours outside these times as needed.
General statement of main duties: The Engineering Summer Intern will provide support to the Public Works Director on a variety of different tasks. The intern will assist with Construction Inspection, Project Management, Contract Administration, and Engineering Plan Review.
Minimum Qualifications: The Engineering Summer Intern must be at least a sophomore in a Civil Engineering (or related) program, with a maintained GPA of 3.0 or greater.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read construction plans and specifications
- Capable of managing multiple responsibilities and deadlines
- Asphalt and Concrete Construction
- Storm Sewer and Sanitary Sewer Design and Construction
- Earthwork and Compaction Standards and Construction
Please fill out the General Employment Application, along with three letters of recommendation, to Matthew Chapman, Finance/Human Resources Director, City of Parkville, 8880 Clark Ave., Parkville, MO 64152. Application materials may be e-mailed to email@example.com.