The City of Parkville is pleased to announce that the 2019 Annual Report is now available on the City’s website. The 2019 Annual Report is intended to record the important events, projects, accomplishments and statistics of Parkville over the last year. It also helps illustrate how staff time and taxpayer resources were spent over the calendar year. The full report can be found at https://parkvillemo.gov/download/2019AnnualReport.pdf.
Some of 2019 major accomplishments include:
- Voters approved a parks sales tax to fund new and expanded park projects;
- The master planned Creekside development was approved and is under construction; the development agreement includes provisions to help the City repay the neighborhood improvement district debt, providing relief for taxpayers;
- The CBC Apex Plaza shopping center, Six at Park office project and Park University’s Robert W. Plaster Free Enterprise Center all were under construction;
- A record year for building permit revenue, exceeding the previous year by 23 percent. Since 2017, property assessed valuation has increased to approximately $254 million;
- Staff managed two major flood events in the riverfront parks and then restored the parks;
- Construction activity began on the first phase of the Route 9 Corridor Street Improvement Plan;
- Approval of a Chapter 353 Redevelopment Program for downtown Parkville;
- The Parkville Master Plan update was initiated and will continue throughout 2020;
- The City continued to be recognized for its livability. In 2019, it was named one of the top 20 Best Places to Live in Missouri. Our Nature Sanctuary was named the Best Kept Secret by Kansas City Parent Magazine;
- Continued investment in streets, sanitary sewers and storm water improvements.
In 2019, the City also saw successful creation of the 2020 budget and 2020-2025 Capital Improvement Program and continued commercial and residential development in the community.
City Administrator Joe Parente said “I encourage you to flip through the 2019 Annual Report to see what Parkville accomplished over the last year. I am thankful of the support and hard work of our staff, volunteers and elected officials. Parkville is a small community with big ambitions. It is incredible to realize how much was accomplished this past year and the desire to continue this effort into the future. I look forward to what Parkville will accomplish in 2020.”
For more information about the report, contact Assistant to the City Administrator Anna Mitchell at (816) 741-7676.