The City of Parkville is pleased to announce that the 2020 Annual Report is now available on the City’s website. The 2020 Annual Report is intended to record the important events, projects, accomplishments and statistics of Parkville over the last year. It also helps illustrate how staff time and taxpayer resources were spent over the calendar year. The full report is available on the City’s website at https://parkvillemo.gov/download/2020AnnualReport.pdf.
Some of 2020 major accomplishments include:
- The City began implemented projects funded by Proposition P, the voter approved a park sales tax to fund new and expanded park projects. The first major projects, new pickleball courts and a basketball court in English Landing Park, have been completed. Planning is underway for others.
- The City developed an update to the Master Plan that will guide future development in the community. We look forward to the final public engagement and adoption in the coming months.
- The new Downtown Redevelopment Plan and Chapter 353 Tax Abatement Program began being implemented, which included building renovation projects with extensive exterior upgrades.
- The City continued a string of record years for building activity. The Creekside development saw the opening of new residential properties, the first commercial property and the Creekside Baseball Park.
- The City took advantage of a favorable interest rate environment and refinanced some of its debt resulting in an estimated savings of $1.3 million.
- Property acquisition and utility relocation for the first phases of the Route 9 Corridor Street Improvement Plan were completed. Construction is expected to begin this spring.
Lastly, the Board of Aldermen engaged in strategic planning, establishing priorities geared toward providing quality services and maintaining Parkville as a desirable place to live and do business.
City Administrator Joe Parente said, “I am thankful of the support and hard work of our staff, volunteers, and elected officials. Parkville is a small community with big ambitions. It is incredible to realize how much was accomplished during this difficult past year. I look forward to what Parkville will accomplish in 2021.”
For more information about the report, contact City Administrator Joe Parente at (816) 741-7676.