Celebrate the holidays at the 25th anniversary of Parkville Christmas on the River on Friday, November 30th! Admission is free!
Schedule of Events
- 6:00 p.m. – Welcome – Santa and Holiday Joy
- 6:05 p.m. – Salvation Army Brass Band
- 6:25 p.m. – Park University International Students “Pacific Islanders”
- 6:35 p.m. – St. Therese Adult Choir
- 6:55 p.m. – Park Hill South High Dance Team
- 7:00 p.m. – St. Therese School Choir
- 7:20 p.m. – Dickens Carolers
- 7:30 p.m. – Salvation Army Brass Band
- 7:45 p.m. – Quixotic Cirque Nouveau
- 8:00 p.m. – 1,000 Voice Children’s Choir (Park Hill School District)
- 8:30 p.m. – Fireworks
Note: Events and times are subject to change. Shuttle services are available until 10 pm. Due to the fireworks and safety reasons, the boat ramp and Platte Landing Park will be closed to the public on Friday, November 30, starting at noon and will reopen Saturday, December 1, 2018.
Free Shuttle Service
From 6-10 p.m., free shuttle service will be available at the following locations:
- Platte County Community Center South (east parking lot)
- Park University main entrance
- Park University parking lot by soccer field (6th Street and Hwy 9)
Shuttles for Park Hill School District Choir Parents ONLY will be located at Park Hill South.
Due to limited parking downtown, the Parkville Police Department recommends taking a shuttle to and from the event.
Handicap parking will be available in the parking lot at the entrance to English Landing Park (blue star on map below). Handicap vehicles MUST have a State-issued placard or license plates on their vehicle to access the marked handicap parking lot.
The following streets will be closed:
- First Street from East Street to Main Street
- Second Street from East Street to Main Street
- East Street from First to McAfee
- McAfee Street (handicap vehicle access only)
- Main Street (handicap vehicle access only)
- FF Highway from Main to West Street (detour pictured below)
Other closures include:
- Parking lots between Main and East streets and north of the Farmer’s Market
- Platte Landing Park and dog parks
Due to the fireworks and for safety reasons, Platte Landing Park (including the dog parks and boat ramp) will be closed to the public starting at noon on Friday and will reopen Saturday, December 1st.
Detour for FF Highway
Christmas on the River is organized by the Main Street Parkville Association.