Posted below is Parkville’s fireworks ordinance. Section A details the types of fireworks that can be discharged and Section B details the days and times fireworks are allowed to be discharged within city limits.
SECTION 215.420: FIREWORKS
A. No person shall within the City sell, offer for sale, expose for sale, use, possess, discharge or explode any fireworks except those described as follows:
Ground devices as described in RSMo., 320.106(2), containing no more than fifty (50) mg of explosive composition, and classified as Class C explosives by the United States Department of Transportation. Class C aerial devices may be sold, offered for sale, exposed for sale or possessed, but may not be used, discharged or exploded within the City limits of Parkville.
B. No person shall within the City sell, offer for sale, expose for sale, use, possess, discharge or explode any fireworks of any class except on the following dates and times. July first (1st), second (2nd), third (3rd) and fifth (5th) between 10:00 A.M. and 10:00 P.M. On July fourth (4th) between 10:00 A.M. and 12:00 A.M. (Midnight). In addition, authorized fireworks may be discharged or exploded from 9:00 P.M. on December thirty-first (31st) until 1:00 A.M. on January first (1st).
C. Any seller(s) of fireworks within the City shall have first procured bodily injury and property damage liability insurance in the amount of eight hundred thousand dollars ($800,000.00), individual and aggregate, naming the City of Parkville as additional insured, and an occupation license from the City of Parkville.
D. Subsections (A) through (C) above shall not apply to the sale or use of fireworks for pyrotechnic displays presented by any civic group which has first obtained a permit for such display from the Board of Aldermen. This permit shall be granted subject to the granting of a permit from the State Fire Marshall.
E. No person shall possess, discharge or explode any kind of fireworks in English Landing Park, including all its playing fields, unless specific permission has been granted by the Board of Aldermen.
F. Additional Regulations.
1. The sale of fireworks and the erection of temporary stands for such purpose are permitted in the following Zoning Districts:
a. “B-1”, Neighborhood Business
b. “B-2”, General Business
c. County “CH”, Highway Commercial
d. County “AG”, Agricultural
e. Industrial districts at the discretion of the City Administrator
2. Applicant shall furnish a plot plan of the tract showing the location of the proposed stand or present building in which fireworks shall be sold. Dimensions of the building and distances from the street, property lines, adequate off-street parking and other buildings on the lot must be shown. The off-street parking must be on a lot covered with either a hard surface or gravel. Off-street parking on grassed areas shall not be permitted.
3. Sales and storage of fireworks must be at least two hundred (200) feet from a residence.
4. Fire protection measures in the form of a water hose, fire extinguisher and sand buckets must be kept immediately available at all times.
5. Stands must be at least fifty (50) feet from the above ground or below ground vented fuel storage tanks.
6. Fireworks shall not be sold by minors except under the direct supervision of an adult.
7. Licenses for the sale of fireworks must be posted in a conspicuous place, either on the stand or near the counter if sale is within a building.
8. The operator of a stand or counter must post a sign, clearly visible, prohibiting loitering, smoking, open burning and/or the discharge of fireworks in the vicinity.
9. Temporary stands are to be dismantled and removed completely, and the area restored to its former condition by July fifth (5th) of the license year.