The City of Parkville is currently seeking a full-time Building Official for the Community Development Department.
Closing date: Open until filled
Department: Community Development
Supervisor: Community Development Director
FLSA Status: Full-time, exempt
Salary range: $46,721-$65,249
Schedule: 40 hours per week between 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday
General statement of main duties: The Building Official’s work is performed under the general supervision of the Community Development Director. This is advanced technical and supervisory work involving the organization, direction and review of a program of inspections for building and housing code compliance. Supervision is exercised over Building Inspectors.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, construction science or a related field with three to five years of experience in building inspection experience or related or demonstrated equivalent combination of essential directly related education, work, supervisory, and code enforcement experience which would meet the minimum position qualifications
- Provide the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of all major types of building material and construction;
- Working knowledge of municipal building and zoning codes and related laws and ordinances;
- Demonstrated ability to read/interpret building construction plans, specifications, and to recognize deviations from same in construction process;
- Demonstrated ability to enforce codes and regulations firmly, tactfully and impartially;
- Demonstrated ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, orally and in writing;
- Demonstrated ability to keep records and to prepare and submit reports; considerable knowledge of effective supervisory practices and techniques.
- Must possess Certified Building Official certification credentials from the International Code Council;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, contractors, architects, owners, and the general publi;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Excellent work history and attendance record; and
- Possess and maintain a valid Missouri driver’s license and an excellent driving record.
Click here to view the full job description.
Please fill out the General Employment Application and submit three letters of recommendation to Matthew Chapman, Finance/Human Resources Director, City of Parkville, 8880 Clark Ave., Parkville, MO 64152. Application and materials may also be sent by e-mail to Matthew Chapman.