Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) will make bridge improvements along the I‑29 corridor in Platte County from Route D (Cookingham Drive) to Route 45 (64th Street). The work includes rehabilitating 12 bridges over some of the busiest local roads, including Route D (Cookingham Drive), 112th Street, Tiffany Springs Parkway, Barry Road, 72nd Street and Route 45 (64th Street).
Work is expected to begin the week of April 20, 2015, and to continue for approximately 6 months. All work is weather dependent.
WORK ZONE FEATURES
MoDOT is encouraging motorists to use alternate routes during construction, such as I-435 or US 169. Motorists on I-29 should expect significant delays especially during rush hours or peak periods.
Expect lane reductions, narrow lanes and ramp closures during construction:
- Two lanes of I-29 will be maintained in each direction between 112th Street and Route 45 (64th Street).
- I-29 will be reduced to one lane at Route D (Cookingham Drive) for each direction for 80 calendar days.
- The ramp from eastbound Route 152 to southbound I-29 will be closed for the duration of the project.
- I-29 lanes will be narrowed at the bridge locations.
- Temporary lane closures may be encountered on Route D (Cookingham Drive), 112th Street, Tiffany Springs Parkway, Barry Road, 72nd Street, and Route 45 (64th Street) during off peak hours.
Motorists who are utilizing Kansas City International Airport (KCI) should make the appropriate adjustments to meet departure and arrival times.
The project contractor is Comanche Construction Inc. The overall value of the construction contract is $11.2 million and is a continuation of the construction work that occurred on I‑635 between I-29 and Kansas in 2014.
For more information visit: