In English Landing Park, three shelters (East, West and River) and two stages (McKeon and River) can be reserved. Any reservations of 75 or more (including weddings) must be coordinated through Tim Blakeslee.
Reservation Dates & Times Calendar
To check shelter availability, click on the List View Calendar link below:
Shelters can be reserved by completing the Shelter Reservation Permit. It is recommended that you turn in your completed form in person at City Hall with the payment (cash, check or credit card – convenience fee may apply) in order to secure your reservation at the time of your visit. A reservation is not considered complete until the signed application is received, the shelter is confirmed available and payment is received.
Grills are provided at each shelter for your convenience. There is an additional $30.00 charge for the use of a self-contained BBQ Cooker.
If you are unable to pay in person, you must follow all the instructions below:
- Verify the shelter is available through the List View Calendar.
- Complete and sign the Shelter Reservation Permit
- If your event includes supplemental activities (inflatables, carnival games, dunk tank, etc.), please complete the Supplemental Activities Form on page 2.
- Fax (816-741-0013) or e-mail the application to City Hall
- Include “Park Shelter Reservation” as the e-mail subject.
- Call City Hall at (816) 741-7676
- Make payment by credit card (convenience fee applies) at time of call
- City staff will return the application, if approved, in the same method it was sent
Note: We recommend you call immediately if reserving by this method to verify the shelter is available. A reservation is not considered complete until the signed application is received at City Hall, the shelter is confirmed available and payment is received. Payment will not be taken over the phone until steps 1-4 are complete (credit card information sent by e-mail will not be accepted per the Parkville Credit & Debit Card Handling Policy). To avoid spam or viruses, an e-mail will not be accepted without text in the body of the e-mail.
The McKeon Stage and brick patio are now available for reservation on a daily basis, as well as the River Stage. The fee for an event of 75 or more people is $400.00 ($300 event; $100 stage) to reserve the stage and patio for one day. The stage is approximately 20′ deep, 40′ wide, and elevated 3′ off the ground and the brick patio that is approximately 60′ wide and 100′ long. The stage also has 400 amps of power and water available. A $25 application fee is non-refundable and is applied toward the event. Click here to view the new Event Guidelines. Contact Tim Blakeslee at (816) 741-7676 to coordinate your event.