Lauren Palmer is the City Administrator for the City of Parkville and has previous experience as an Assistant City Manager for the City of Manhattan, KS. Lauren began working for the City in June 2013; see below press release for more information.
The City Administrator is appointed by the Mayor with the consent of the Board of Aldermen. The City Administrator serves at the pleasure of the Board. The City Administrator’s Office is responsible for managing the day to day operations of the City and is responsible for the enforcement of all policies, laws, and ordinances set by the Board of Aldermen. The Administrator makes recommendations to the Mayor and Board of Aldermen as appropriate concerning the operation, affairs, and future needs of the City; participates in Board meetings without the right to vote and to keep the Board advised on the operation, finances, and needs of the City.
Further Responsibilities include:
- Manages the City’s business and carries out the Board’s plans and directions by coordinating the work of all the City’s departments and employees
- Expends funds as authorized by the City’s annual budget, which is approved by the Board
- Makes recommendations to the Board on legislation, budget, financial planning, the capital improvement program, City policies, employee compensation, and service levels
- Hires staff not acting as a Department Head
- Investigates and acts on complaints through the various department heads
- Negotiates and administers contracts and agreements
- Keeps the Board informed of the City’s business and financial condition
- Represents the City at conferences, area meetings, and various committees
The City Administrator’s office is located on the second floor of City Hall and office hours are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
8880 Clark Avenue
Parkville, MO 64152
(816) 741-0013 FAX