The City of Parkville is pleased to announce the Parkville Parks Donation Program. The donation program is split into four primary areas of focus: Memorial Bench Donation, Memorial Tree Donation, Dog Park Donations, and General Park Donations.
Visit: http://parkvillemo.gov/parks-donation-program/ for more information.
Areas of focus:
- Memorial Bench Donation: A bench donation includes a black 6 foot long bench that is made with a thermo-plastic coating over steel set in a concrete pad, a memorial plaque, a commemorative certificate, map, and a photo of the bench. The cost of a bench donation is $2,000.00.
- Memorial Tree Donation: A tree donation includes a high-quality 30 gallon tree, which is 8 to 12 feet tall and 2″-2.5″ caliper, planted and maintained for its life span. A memorial tree donation also includes a commemorative certificate, map, and a photo of the tree. For landscaping and general maintenance purposes, a memorial tree does not include a plaque. The cost of a tree donation is $400.00.
- Dog Park Donations:
- The purchase of a Dog Tag memorial plaque is a relatively inexpensive alternative for residents and visitors to help support the Dog Park. A donation of $50.00-$100.00 reserves a personalized tag. The idea is that Dog Tags will be on display year round on a display board at the Dog Park. Donated funds will be used for the purchase of new Dog Park equipment and general year round maintenance of the Dog Park.
- Larger donations to the Dog Park are also accepted. The informational website lists toys and amenities available for donation inside and around the Dog Park. Currently available for donation: ramps, tunnels, teeter-totters, hoops, fire hydrants. These donation options range from $500.00 to $2,000.00.
- General Park Donations: General park donations are accepted on the Parkville website. Unspecified donations will be posted to the Parks Donations Fund and used for the purchase or maintenance of park amenities, features, and/or landscaping.