The Veterans Memorial Committee is comprised of three organizations and two at-large individuals. The organizations involved are the Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Legion and Patriot Outreach. All members of the committee are veterans that have served through one of the five branches of the United States Military. The Veterans Memorial Committee is spearheading this project with the purpose of honoring veterans, providing a place of reflection and remembrance and a place of recognition to give thanks to the many men and women who have given their lives for this country.
The sphere and a star emanating the five branches of our Armed Forces will pay respect to our brave men and women.
The donation process may be completed by mail, in person or online.
- Online credit card donations are accepted. The link will take you to a secure external payment processing page.
- Donations are accepted via check or cash in person at:
- Parkville City Hall at 8880 Clark Avenue, Parkville MO 64152.
- VFW Parkville Post 7356 at 10125 Highway 45, Parkville MO 64152
- American Legion Post 318 at 11 Main Street, Parkville MO 64152
- Patriot Outreach at 425 Shawnee Street, Leavenworth, KS 66048
To obtain a copy of the City’s tax deduction form, contact Finance/Human Resources Director Matthew Chapman by e-mail or at (816) 741-7676.
For more information about the project, contact a member of the Veterans Memorial Committee or Parkville’s Assistant to the City Administrator, Anna Mitchell at (816) 741-7676.
- VFW: Jerry Felker and Bob Bennet
- American Legion: Charlie Kutz and Jim McCall
- Patriot Outreach: Arthur Shafferman and Tony Monaco
- At-large member: Tim Westcott and Bob Burns
- Parkville liaison: Alderman Greg Plumb