Parkville residents are required to license all dogs six (6) months or older. The license is valid one year from the date of registration*. Applications and payments are accepted from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. For questions or concerns, contact City Hall at (816) 741-7676 and press “0” or e-mail the Administrative Assistant.
Parkville’s Animal Control Code allows a maximum of three dogs and/or three cats. Dogs must be on leashes and owners must pick up after their dogs. More detailed information can be found under Parkville Municipal Code Chapter 210: Animal Regulations.
- Complete the dog tag application for all dogs over 6 months old
- Visit the top floor of Parkville City Hall at 8880 Clark Avenue
- Submit your application
- Submit your payment (cash, check made out to City of Parkville or credit card)
- Provide proof of current rabies vaccination within last 3 years
Once you have received your dog tags, affix the tag to the dog’s collar.
ANNUAL LICENSE FEES
- $10.00 if neutered/spayed
- $15.00 for dogs not neutered/spayed.
If time permits, renewal reminders will be sent annually by City staff via e-mail approximately one month prior to the tag’s expiration date.
*Note: The process was changed in 2015; if a resident had a dog tag in 2015 the same expiration date will apply each year thereafter.
Administrative Assistant: Jodi Kersten