Parkville Missouri

How do I apply for…

Business License

All businesses that operate or are completing work within the City are required to obtain a license (Parkville Municipal Code Section 605.040). For more information on obtaining a business license visit

Building Permit

Building permits are required in Parkville for new construction, tenant finish, demolition, general electrical, mechanical, plumbing and other (addition/alteration/remodel/repair/roofing). For information on applying for a building permit visit

Dog Tag

A license is required for dogs six months or older. The City’s Animal Control Code allows a maximum of three dogs and or three cats. Visit to learn more about licensing your dog(s).

Golf Cart/Low-speed Vehicle

Residents are allowed to operate golf carts or low-speed vehicles on public streets within the Parkville city limits. Each owner is required to register their vehicle at City Hall. Visit for information on registering your golf cart/low-speed vehicle.

Job at the City

To view job openings with the City of Parkville visit

Liquor License

All businesses located within Parkville that sell alcohol are required to obtain a liquor license with the City of Parkville, Platte County and the State of Missouri. Visit for information on obtaining a Parkville liquor license.

Short-Term Rental

Parkville Municipal Code Section 405.040 provides guidelines for short-term residential dwelling rentals in residential districts.

Volunteer Board or Commission

Appointments to boards, committees and commissions are approved annually by the Board of Aldermen the first meeting in May and terms vary depending on the board/commission. If interested in an open position, visit for more information.