Emergency Management is responsible for preparing for and carrying out all emergency functions necessary to mitigate, prepare for, respond to and recover from significant incidents and disasters including the extended disruption of governmental services caused by all hazards, whether natural, technological or man-made.
Want to receive text and email notifications on your phone about weather and other emergencies in the area from the Parkville Police Department or the City? Sign up here!
Platte County’s storm spotter training is this Wednesday, March 7th at Park Hill High School at 7 p.m.
- Monday: Preparedness Day
- Tuesday: Tornado Safety Day and Statewide Drill @10 am
- Wednesday: Flash Flood Safety Day
- Thursday: Severe Thunderstorm Day
- Friday: Communication/NOAA Weather Radio Day
Below are some helpful links:
- National Weather Service YouTube Video: Weather Safety & Storm Spotting
- Prepare Metro KC
- Ready in 3
- Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service
- United States Geological Service (USGS) River Gage in Parkville
- National Weather Service (NOAA), Kansas City Office
- Missouri State Emergency Management Association (SEMA)
- Federal Emergency Management Association (FEMA)
- Platte County Emergency Management
- How to Prepare for a Tornado
- Extreme Heat Prevention Guide
Captain Jon Jordan is the Emergency Management Director for the City of Parkville.
Phone: (816) 741-4454