TO MAKE A DONATION PLEASE CLICK HERE
This link will take you to a secure external payment processing page.
In 2010, a fund was created by members of the Parkville Police Department and one donor to assist children and families in need during the Christmas season. As a result of this initiative the first “Shop with a Cop” was held that December. The children and families were identified by the Park Hill School District and through contacts with members of the police department.
In addition to Shop with a Cop, the Police Department began the Back to School Program in 2016 to help fill a need in the community for elementary school-aged children. The police hope that the program will help kids appreciate law enforcement while it gives back to the community it serves.
The initiative has continued with great success and continues to grow with citizen participation and increased donations yearly. While the main benefactor of the fund is the “Shop with a Cop” program, the fund is intended for other assistance programs similar in nature at the discretion of the Chief of Police. All of the donations received are given back to the community.
- Promote good community relations between members of the Parkville Police Department and citizens in the Parkville area.
- Provide assistance to citizens at a time of need. Assistance may include, but not be limited to, the provision of goods and services but will not include cash.
- The primary objective is to fund the “Shop with a Cop” program that provides gifts to children and families in need during the Christmas season.
- Other assistance programs similar in nature to “Shop with a Cop” may be implemented at the discretion of the Chief of Police.
- Allow department members and other citizen volunteers an opportunity to give back to the community.
If you would like to additional details on program polices and procedures, please click here.
Note: Photo of Police Department staff that attended the 2016 Park Village Christmas luncheon.