Parkville residents are required to license all dogs six (6) months or older. The license is valid one year from the date of registration*. Applications and payments are accepted from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. For questions or concerns, contact City Hall at (816) 741-7676.
Parkville’s Animal Control Code allows a maximum of three dogs and/or three cats. Dogs must be on leashes and owners must pick up after their dogs. More detailed information can be found under Parkville Municipal Code Chapter 210: Animal Regulations.
- Complete the dog tag application for all dogs over 6 months old
- Visit the top floor of Parkville City Hall at 8880 Clark Avenue
- Submit your application
- Submit your payment (cash, check made out to City of Parkville or credit card)
- Provide proof of current rabies vaccination within last 3 years
Once you have received your dog tags, affix the tag to the dog’s collar. The due date will be written on the back of your tag by City staff. A reminder e-mail will be sent approximately one month before the tag expires.
ANNUAL LICENSE FEES
- $10.00 if neutered/spayed
- $15.00 for dogs not neutered/spayed.
- A penalty of 50% of the license fee per dog will be assessed if the tag is not renewed within 30 days of the expiration date.
Renewal reminders will be sent annually by City staff via e-mail approximately one month prior to the tag’s expiration date.
*Note: The process was changed in 2015; if a resident had a dog tag in 2015 the same expiration date will apply each year thereafter.