Per Parkville Municipal Code Chapter 362, residents are allowed to operate golf carts or low-speed vehicles (LSV) on public streets within the Parkville city limits. Golf carts operating on City streets are required to be registered at City Hall.
Drivers must be 16 years or older and have a valid driver’s license.
- Complete and sign the online application
- Bring application, license fee, proof of insurance and proper inspections (see #3) to City Hall
- For vehicles two years or older, vehicle must be inspected (Qualified Inspector List)
- Inspector must also complete and sign the Certificate of Satisfactory Inspection
- Once processed, you will receive a decal for your vehicle. The decal must be clearly displayed on the back of the vehicle.
- Your registration is good for 2 years from the time of submission. Renewal notices will be mailed (or e-mailed) one month prior to expiration.
- $30 for 2-year registration per vehicle if registering 4 or fewer vehicles
- $20 for 2-year registration per vehicle if registering 5 or more vehicles
Renewing your Registration
Registrations expire two years from date new or renewed license is issued.
What is a low speed vehicle?
A low speed vehicle has four wheels with a top speed of 20-25 miles per hour and a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of less than 3,000 pounds. The City will not issue a permit for a low speed vehicle that goes faster than 25 mph.
Moving or selling your cart?
Contact Parkville City Hall if you are moving or selling your golf cart/LSV and staff will update your file.
For questions about golf cart and low-speed vehicle registrations, please contact City Hall at (816) 741-7676 or by e-mail.