Parkville Missouri

Frequently Asked Questions

CarLightsFor your convenience, here is a list of common questions related to the Parkville Police Department.

If I lock my keys in my car, will the police unlock my vehicle?
The Parkville Police Department may provide assistance with vehicle lock-outs if the vehicle is within the city limits of Parkville. The more technologically advanced cars become, the more difficult it becomes to unlock them. Unlocking a vehicle is up to the discretion of the responding officer and will only be unlocked if the registered owner is present and able to drive at the time of the request. Before any vehicle is unlocked, a Police Department Vehicle Unlock Waiver form must be signed by the registered owner. Any damage occurred during the lock-out process will be the responsibility of the person requesting the service.

May I make a police report over the phone?
The Parkville Police Department does not take police reports over the telephone, but you may call (816) 741-4454 and request that a Police Officer contact you or you may come to the Police Department at 8800 Clark Avenue, Parkville, MO 64152 to file the report. The Police Department only takes reports of crimes that occur within the Parkville city limits. If an offense occurs outside the city limits of Parkville, you will need to file a report with the police agency where the offense occurred.

How long do I need to wait before reporting that someone is missing?
There is no specific waiting period for reporting a missing person. It is difficult to recommend a time period because each case is different. If you believe a person is endangered, immediately call 9-1-1.

How can I get a Solicitor Permit? A soliciting permit may be obtained by contacting Parkville City Hall at (816) 741-7676. Click here for more information.

What do I do if I accidentally dial 9-1-1? Stay on the line. When asked, let the 9-1-1 operator know the call was made in error. If you hang up, the 9-1-1 operator will call you to ensure everything is okay. If you do not answer the telephone when the 9-1-1 operator calls you back, an officer will be dispatched to your location.

How can I find out information about a case? You may call Sergeant Allwood with the Parkville Police Investigations Division at (816) 741-4454. Please have your case report number available to help expedite obtaining the information.

How do I schedule a tour of Police Headquarters? Contact the Parkville Police Department at (816) 741-4454. Tours are scheduled by appointment only.

How can I schedule a ride-a-long with a Parkville Police Officer? The Parkville Police Department allows citizens to accompany uniform patrol officers during the course of their assigned duty. This perspective provides citizens the opportunity to see Police Officers work firsthand. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and pass a background check. Contact the Parkville Police Department at (816) 741-4454.

How do I apply to become a Parkville Police Officer? To apply for the position for a Parkville Police Officer please visit the employment section of this website. The second option is to come to the Parkville Police Department located at 8880 Clark Avenue, Parkville, MO 64152 to obtain an employment application packet in person.

What do I do if I get pulled over by the police or upon the approach of an emergency vehicle? When you are pulled over by the police or an emergency vehicle is approaching, immediately pull to the right side of the roadway, stop and wait for the police officer to approach or let the emergency vehicle pass. When pulled over by the police, please have your valid driver’s license and motor vehicle insurance card ready for the officer. Always stay in the vehicle unless asked to exit by an officer.

How do I pay a fine? Contact the Parkville Municipal Court at (816) 741-1332 or visit Parkville Municipal Court.

How do I find out what my court date is? Contact the Parkville Municipal Court at (816) 741-1332 or visit Parkville Municipal Court.

What hours are English Landing and Platte Landing parks open? The parks are closed from midnight to 5:00 a.m. Except for handicap vehicles, there is no parking in English Landing Park at any time.

Can I fish in the Missouri River from the parks overnight? Yes, you must have a Missouri fishing license and obtain a fishing permit at City Hall prior to fishing overnight.