8701 NW River Park Drive
The historic Parkville Train Depot resides at 8701 NW River Park Drive. The building was constructed in 1889 and first served the Chicago Burlington Quincy Railroad two years later. The building was significantly rehabilitated/rebuilt in 1925, which resembles its physical layout today. The City first leased the train depot from the Chicago Burlington Quincy Railroad in 1970 to use as its City Hall and the City received title to the depot and land in 1990. Following the Great Flood of 1993, the depot had to be rehabilitated due to flood water damage and City staff subsequently relocated City Hall operations to 1201 East Street as a result. The depot was transformed into a train museum and was rededicated in 2000 for civic uses by the City and downtown non-profit organizations. Over the past 18 years, the City has entered into various lease/use agreements to utilize, maintain, and cover utility expenses for the building.