The Public Works Department is located on the second floor of City Hall. City Hall offices are open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Department oversees the Streets Division, Parks Division, Parkville Nature Sanctuary and Wastewater Treatment Plant. Functions within the Public Works Department include:
- maintenance of City streets and right-of-way (mowing, snow removal, street sweeping, mill and overlay, sidewalks and curbs, pavement markings);
- management, operation and maintenance of City sewer services;
- storm sewer maintenance;
- parks maintenance (landscaping, shelters, trails, restrooms and sports fields);
- flood management;
- maintenance of Parkville Nature Sanctuary, White Alloe Creek Conservation Area and the Sullivan Nature Sanctuary; and,
- primary clerical and administration services included contract preparation and records for the Community Land & Recreation Board.
Public Works Staff
Director: Alysen Abel
Director of Operations: Richard Wilson
Parks Superintendent: Tom Barnard
Project Manager: Chris Ashley
Parkville Nature Sanctuary Director: Kristen Bontrager
Department Assistant: Bonnie Buckmaster
If you have any questions, please call (816) 741-7676.