In order to submit your application online, please complete the following steps:
- Verify the shelter is available through the List View Calendar or call (816) 741-7676
- Complete the online form below
- Attach your completed Shelter Reservation Permit (fillable PDF) form in the Application Upload section
- If your event includes supplemental activities (inflatables, carnival games, dunk tank, etc.), attach the Supplemental Activities Form (fillable PDF)
- Call City Hall at (816) 741-7676 to make payment by credit card (convenience fee applies)
- Once your payment and completed application have been received and approved, your permit will be e-mailed to the address listed below
Note: The fillable PDF does not work in every web browser. We recommend downloading it to your computer before filling out.
As stated on the application, refunds are not issued if you change your mind or there is inclement weather or other acts of nature. Refunds are only issued if the park is closed at the time of your reservation.
There is absolutely NO PARKING near the River Shelter.
Note: We recommend you call immediately if reserving by this method to verify the shelter is available. A reservation is not considered complete until the signed application is received at City Hall, the shelter is confirmed available and payment is received. Payment will not be taken over the phone until steps 1-4 are complete (credit card information sent by e-mail will not be accepted per the Parkville Credit & Debit Card Handling Policy).