The Community Development Department is responsible for planning and zoning, building safety, code enforcement, floodplain management and utility locates. The Department is located on the second floor of City Hall.
Functions of the Community Development Department include:
- help to plan for future development;
- issue permits and inspect ongoing projects, both commercial and residential;
- historic preservation;
- ensure that existing buildings and neighborhoods are well maintained through code enforcement;
- ensure responsible and comprehensive land use decisions;
- ensure quality and safe construction in Parkville.
The City of Parkville has an agreement with General Code who manages all municipal code-related ordinances. Click on the links below to view Title IV – Zoning Code and Title V – Building and Construction Code of the Municipal Code.
The following construction guidelines are provided to assist contractors, property owners and design professionals with the orderly construction of residential and commercial projects within the provisions of the adopted Parkville Building Codes, Zoning Ordinances and other City Ordinances. These guidelines provide information about applying for a permit, required inspections, common code requirements and building code amendments.
- Residential Construction Guidelines
- Commercial Construction Guidelines
- Residential Decks
- Additional information – development and permit applications, application deadlines, and fees
- Zoning District Map (2020)
- Building Safety Tips
- Business Licenses
- Code Complaint System
- Development Permits
- Public Hearings
- Property Maintenance Code
- Planning & Zoning Commission
- Board of Zoning Adjustment / Board of Appeals
If you have any questions, please call (816) 741-9313.